Weekend Shenanigans With the Daughter :)

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

This past weekend I took a morning to hang with daughter.  We decided to visit a local Farmer's Market but I decided to surprise her with a stop for a quick breakfast at Roadrunner Cafe.  It was the first time either of us had been to this certain little cafe.  I was taken back by how sweet and homey it felt.  There were clearly regulars hanging out and talking and the owner (I assume he was the owner) was involved with the conversation.  He also was so nice to daughter and she loved, for the first time ever, the strawberry smoothie she got.  I say the first time ever because usually she hates the smoothies from coffee shops but she loved this one and the impressive whipped cream on top!
I got a caramel macchiato that was the best thing I have ever had!  I decided I even liked it better than Starbucks!!  

If you are ever in Tucson I highly recommend this local cafe :)

After we ate we took our drinks to go and headed to the Heirloom Farmer's Market up at the Steam Pump Ranch.  I was super excited because I LOVE the Rillito Park one.  When we got there I noticed immediately that it was so much smaller.  I do not know if it is always like this but it was this past Saturday.


I got some gigantic cucumbers (made a cucumber salad with those) and some pretty plump carrots (which I am eating right now with hummus).  
I do have to say though I will probably stick with the Rillito one though because it is closer to my home and it had more options.
Either way though I am a firm believer in Farmer's Markets because they are local people just trying to make a living with great ideas and stupendous food!

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS