When Life Gives You Lemons... Literally

Monday, April 4, 2016

We have a gigantic lemon tree in our back yard.  It is at least 10 feet tall so we live a real life, "If life gives you lemons" scenario.  We give many of them away to friends and family but we also like to utilize this awesome citrus!  So for the first batch of lemon flavored yummies this year we went for the simple and made lemonade!
What made this extra special is that my daughter made it, almost all by herself!  This is an organic lemonade that is super simple.  You can find the recipe on my recipe page!
So my daughter juiced the lemons while I made a simple syrup for the ade.

Then we mixed everything together!
Yes the lemonade is not going to be quite as yellow as you as use to seeing but that is because it is from fresh fruit and organic sugar.  This is completely normal.


Daughter says it makes her cheeks pucker which she says is the best part!  So this summer enjoy a drink that is not super healthy but made healthier by the fresh lemons and organic sugar.

*CHEERS*

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The kiddos said it was the best they had ever had!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love natural lemonade and will be giving this a try! I'm also super jealous of your lemon tree ; )

    I would love it if you would share this on my weekly link party : )

    http://www.twentysomethinginthe2010s.com/peace-love-linkup-002/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thanks! It really was tasty!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS