5 Things that Made This Week Awesome!

Friday, April 8, 2016

This was one of the busier weeks for me this year so far.  Teenage drama at home, kindergarten drama at school/ work, ice machine broke in the refrigerator, chores piling up, and so on and so on.  I won't bore you with the bad things that happened, instead lets discuss the awesome! 

1. Farm Street

I found a new game for my phone that has kept me quiet entertained this week. When I had 5 minutes to spare I would whip this game out and build my farm and restaurant, since I can't have the restaurant that I really want in really life I figured why not use a pretend one. :)
This one is mine so far.


2. My Daughter

Well of course every week she makes things awesome but this week she came home proudly with her perfect attendance award and honor roll!  She is one amazing kiddo!  I don't even know how she does it.  She is one of those kids that learning, discovering and wanting to know more about life is her passion.  For example she creates speeches, stories and Power Points just for fun.  She keeps me grounded and reminds me of the parent I want to be not the parent that gets crazy because the kiddos aren't doing the chores the way I thought them up in my crazy head. hehehe

3. My Backyard

Our backyard is a hot mess pretty much always but with the weather we have been having we have been spending a lot of time out back.  The reason it made this list is because the flowers from other peoples yards (we don't have any flowers in out backyard because Jax would eat them, see 10 Things My Do Can't Live Without for more, funny, details).  The weather has been so amazing that the flowers are in full bloom!  It makes me feel like I am in paradise!

4. My Floating Shelves

I made an earlier post about my shelves.  I figured they would be done by now and I could post the final pics of them but it has just been more time consuming than I thought and well I don't have time.  But they made this list because they are coming along nicely and I am so proud of Boyfriend and I for making these instead of buying them for some insane amount of money.  My goal of the weekend is to finish them!

5. Netflix

Now I am sure that they have made many lists but for this month and this week they have topped the cake in my world!  Last night I went on to see what new shows or movies were coming in April and butterflies of excitement began fluttering in my stomach because not only do they have many new good looking shows like The Ranch with Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson but they brought it with one of my favorite movies!   The Princess Bride is now on Netflix folks!  Shout it from the roof tops!  Get the kids, hubs and popcorn ready because movie night just got a whole lot funnier!
(pic from Amazon)

So that's it folks!  These are the tops things that made my week just a little bit more bearable.  I hope you all had a better week than I did but even if it was just as crappy try to find the small things because they really do make things better and worth while. 

2 comments:

  1. hi jennifer...We just watched Princess Bride the other night..it is hilarious. I love our backyard, too. I grew up on a ranch, with lots of backyard!! I haven't really had a back yard since I have left home...over 20 years ago! Now, I love it!!! Linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need to clean up our backyard a bit more due to boyfriend's woodworking projects but I do love the tropical feel!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS