Best Mushroom Soup Ever!

Monday, June 13, 2016

I guess the title of this is more my opinion than anything else but I love this soup!!  The mushroom flavor is just to die for!
It is too hot for soup but I don't care, this is a good anytime soup that just hits that mushroom craving spot (you know if you have one *WINK*).
This soup is an adaptation to one that I found on Skinnytaste.com.  I have used more "clean" type of ingredients.
So here is what I do...


I gather all my ingredients... Organic chicken broth, white button mushrooms, celery, wheat flour, and portabella mushrooms.  I cut up the mushrooms but leave the celery whole.  I don't cut the celery because I am going to have to gathering it out of the soup later and blend it.  I cut it up the first time I made this soup because I didn't read the directions fully and man was it hard to get it out of the broth.  That is what makes cooking fun though and well I learned from my mistake.
Okay, then I put the broth and the flour into a blender to blend it together (it is definitely easier than mixing it together with a whisk or fork).


At this point rest is pretty simple...
Putting everything in a medium size pot.  You first let in boil then bring it down to a simmer and cover.  It will seem like it is going to over flow out of the pot but as long and you have it low and covered that won't happen.  


Once it has been simmering for about 20 minutes it is time to put the finishing touches on!
Taking the celery out and some of the soup and placing it into a blender (blend, obviously) then return the smooth mixture to the pot and let simmer for a little bit longer.
I don't know if you noticed that I have not added any seasonings.  It seems weird I am sure but I want the soup flavored by the mushrooms and celery.  When the soup is finally finished and you ladle yourself some into a bowl... taste it.  If you would like to add pepper and salt this is when I do it.  Sometimes I don't put any in, others I need my salty friend.

For the full recipe click HERE and scroll down.


VIOLA!  
Awesome, flavorful, mushroomtastic soup!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS