Artastic Weekend!

Monday, March 21, 2016

This weekend my fam bam and I spent our time running errands, cleaning house (trying to mark off my spring cleaning lists) and going to the 26th Annual Spring Artisans Festival at the Tucson Museum of Art downtown.  I was a little worried about going to this festival at first because we couldn't find it and thought that it was going to be a bust.  But then there they were, the little white tents that all people signify as festival tents.  We parked and walked to the festival, which was located inside the museum and around the outskirts, so it looked smaller than it really was.  

My boyfriend is getting into woodworking and so we come to these type of festivals a lot to get ideas and man were the ideas flowing at this one!  There were so many amazing booths and people there that we could pick the brains of it was awesome!  We say metal work, wood work, clay, watercolors, photographs, and so much more!
Not only was there cool things to look at, there were yummy treats too!  We ate carne asada tacos from a local church, ramen from a local food truck (Fat Noodle) and there were some other yummies that we just didn't get to. 

Overall it was a pretty neat event that I didn't even know existed until I was looking around Saturday morning on the local event sites (oh wow I should do a post about the ones I visit!, writing that down right now, sorry about the side track... moving on). 
If you didn't get to go this weekend do not fret!  The event happens twice a year.  Once in the spring and once in the fall (around Thanksgiving).  
Here is a link to check it out if you missed it ----> HERE

Have a great Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS