Sneak Peek!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sneak Peek Day!
I am so excited for this new project that my boyfriend and I have been doing together and I could not wait any longer to show you a peek of what we have been working on!
I decided several months ago that I wanted to put floating shelves in the kids bathroom so that it would be easier to store their many items while bringing more flare to their boring and ugly bathroom.  Well maybe not ugly because I did decorate it a bit.
After many months of searching for shelves at yard sales, Target, Walmart, thrift shops, etc. And to no avail, I could not find any that were in our budget, nice looking or the right color.  
That is when boyfriend decided that he would just make me some!  

He has been working on making many awesome projects because he is going to be opening an Etsy store to sell all his cool items (birdhouses, walking sticks, shelves, planters, and so on), which I am sure I will tell you all about when the time comes. I find him to be so amazing that he took time out of his busy schedule to make me the two floating shelves, just the way I have been really wanting.
He started by measuring it all out on some wood and then cut using the one tool that really scares me!

Oh and did I mention the work bench he is using he made himself!  He is so handy *SWOON*
After making all the cuts he nailed on a front edge to the actual shelf so that I could set things on it without worry of things falling off the shelf when the kids or guests grabbed something from the shelf.

Now that we have everything put together and ready to be painted I have to figure out what color I am going to paint them.  I do know that the bathroom is an ocean theme and I am going to try and do the worn our sanded look on them.  So I do know I am going to paint it with a white primer and then paint over that a shade of blue.  My inspiration is this little glass jar that I found at a yard sale for 25 cents!  The color choices are endless though and matching the shelf to the jar and the other decor in the bathroom is going to be very tricky!

Tonight is the night that I am going to paint on the primer though so I guess that means I should really pick which blue I am going to use.  Ugh... Choices, choices!
I hope you have enjoyed my sneak peek!  Stay tuned for the update (which I hope to post in the next week or so). 

Ta, ta for now.
Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS